Monday, January 23, 2012

Gingham-clouds and congratulations.

Our family went to a baby baptism yesterday.  The kind with a reception in a hall, with a cocktail hour, a 4-5 course meal, and a sweet table.  Good food, good friends, babies dancing.... it was all good.

Before we left for the party, (like, an hour before), I went to grab a card from my ready-made pile.  Wouldn't you know the hubs vetoed every single one.  He said they didn't give off the right vibe, and I can just make another one right?  sigh.  Lucky for me, I just finished creating 6 of *these cards* on request.  Sooo, I had in front of me 6 perfect gingham clouds.  Blue, no less.


I grab my hero arts plaid background stamp and inked it up to stamp the entire card-base-front.  I then inked around the edges with some antique linen distress ink.

The smaller panel was run through my die-cutter with PTI's linen & canvas impression plate for a touch of texture.  I inked around the edges of that cardstock with tumbled glass distress ink.

The sentiment is from PTI's mat stack 2 set.


The clouds were all popped up on foam squares, and so was the entire mat they sit on.

I'm sad to be without this card already - it turned out so sweetly!

I'm also linking this up to the current CASE study challenge - thanks for suggesting it, Aimes!

Thanks for looking :)

16 comments:

  1. Elena sounds like a perfect day your card is so sweet I love the simplicity of it. I am having a challenge this week at my blog www.littlescrappieces.com, Use blue. Your card would be perfect would love for you to enter this. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have some awesome pics from yesterday. Sofia holding a limp magic wand. Tommy and Maia getting down on the dance floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maia "getting down" is a matter of opinion... You shoul've seen Keilani! She was shaking what her mama gave her, Mitz and I were cracking up.

      Delete
  3. This is just darling. I'm impressed that you can whip up a card so quickly, while still getting three kids out the door. Your Baptism sounds so fun--kind of like a Bar Mitzvah for the littles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love that our guys think it's so easy to just 'whip up' a card on demand; though I fear you may have just proved it with this beauty! You should enter this into our CASE Study this week methinks! (No pressure though!)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to use the clouds!!Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Isn't it great to have some embellies around to help whip up a card in a flash? Love the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is soooooo CUTE!!!! Love it!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! That gingham check is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet little card!! Just adorable with those patterned clouds :) So glad you took Aimes' suggestion! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your hubby approved of this one, because it is fantastic! I love the plaid background and the soft simplicity of the design--it's super cute! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elena, you're the random winner of the last challenge at CASE Study!
    Visit this link to find out how to redeem your prize:
    http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/and-winners-are_25.html
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete