Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful+TMKS Thursdays

TMKS Thursdays - as in, "things my kids said Thursdays..."  - I'm getting lazier by the day.  And, *luckily* I've been around my kids almost 24/7 for the last little while (since they've all been sick) so I have more fodder for my Thursday segment.... (if you haven't guessed yet, the "luckily" was slightly sarcastic - I adore my kids, but less so at 1am, 3am, 4am, etc... le sigh.)

Thomas, yesterday, asked me with mournful eyes why we haven't taught him to tap dance.  Because "tap dancing is the best kind of dancing, you know." Uh huh.  My hubs had to make up a few basic steps to appease him... that was the most hilarious thing I've seen in awhile...

Maia, ever the toddling copycat, has taken to running over to the toilet, spitting over the edge, and yelling "I did it, mommy, I spit!  I sick! I sick!"  This kid's hands are being disinfected on a semi-hourly basis, in case you were wondering... dish-hands, at age 1.

Sofia apparently told her entire class, during morality class, that we celebrated Jewish holidays in our home, as well as the Muslim Eid, and all other major religious holidays.  Huh.  We explained to the teacher that we are a bit of a mixed bag in here - I'm half Egyptian, half Greek, and my hubs is all Indian, and we're Christian... but the teacher thinks she's becoming a little fibber for extra attention.  We've started seeing it at home, too, but don't know quite what to make of it - any advice?

If you've made it through all that banter, congratulations.  And thanks for hanging in there.

I have a card!  Rhonda asked if I'd like to be featured for her "thankful thursdays" feature (so much less of a mouthful than TMKS thursdays....) - color me honored!


I stamped the frame from PTI's "simply jane" over my entire white mat, and then popped up an aqua mist version of it in the center.  I colored the floral image with SU markers before stamping them onto their matching die-cuts.  Gives a kind of water-color effect, doesn't it?

I'm also entering this card into the CASE-study challenge.  I love the frame itself in the inspiration piece, and the cluster of roses at the bottom of the frame.


Thanks for looking!

23 comments:

  1. Sweet Jeebus! This card is so beautiful! Breathtaking actually. Sigh. How do you do it? I just adore that beautiful full bouquet of flowers on the focal frame. Your sentiment placement is so special. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! First I like the soft colours and then center frame with bouquet is absolutely gorgeous. Very elegant card, Elena! I love how you use soft colours beautifully! Envy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card Elena!! Thanks for joining my on my Thankful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Elena! Love the softness of it.

    I told my hubs that your dear Sophia got sick on the bus. The sickness at our house started on Tuesday, my daughter's half birthday. I awoke to her standing there getting sick on herself. Poor thing had no idea what to do. We told her about the "bucket" which she made it to the second time. She walked around the house pathetically with the "bucket". I, unfortunately, had to take the bucket from her. I can't imagine your little Maia standing over the toilet. As we know, kids will say and do the funniest things. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a mom to little ones I find it enjoyable to see what others are saying too! Love your card I love that you stamped just the frames, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one! I actually love the background and script the most, but I love all of it! :) You know I have no parenting advice. Throw a book at them and close the door behind you? Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful, I love the popped up frame, and the beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the frames for the card background. So so pretty!!

    I was laughing at what your kids said!! Tap dancing? Where do those things come from?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww it sounds like you've had a busy week! I'd love to have seen the tap dancing..! ;D
    This card is beautiful! I love the dimension of your central frame and your soft colours!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study! :)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading what you share about your family!
    And your card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card Elena, I love how you've popped the ble frame up as a focal image :0)
    Had to chuckle at your children's antics..... I think fibbing is an extension of a creative mind as long as it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet seeing your husband tap dance for your son was hilarious! And this card is awesome...I love all the stamped frames and them being empty, too...reminds me of Pinterest ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so beautiful! Really stunning!

    As for parenting advice - even though I have two girls, I wouldn't begin to think I'm able to give much advice, LOL! I tend to agree with Jenny, that making up stories can sometimes be a reflection of a wonderful imagination. Maybe a discussion with her about when it is appropriate to tell stories (and exaggerate) and when she needs to be more factual? Good luck! I'm sure it will turn out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card.As for your daughter, I wish I could share some amazing wisdom, but I remember doing the something in grade school. And now I write for a living. So who knows what lies in store for her. In the meantime it is probably a way of trying to fit in if she hears other kids in the class talking. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card! Wow so elegant! The tap dancing story made me smile. No sleep, but its all worth it. The fibbing is probably just a phase , and usually goes away. Not a professional just the second oldest of 9, mother of 4 ,and grandmother of 11. LOL Love your card Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your little one pretending to be sick! It's cute that they copy EVERY.THING. My oldest (3.5) is going through a fibbing stage, though she isn't aware that she's doing that... she's more just filling in gaps where she can't remember information - I've heard it's totally normal, but it's definitely sticky to deal with!

    Beautiful card, it's so elegant! I love your Thursday posts - I love reading what other little ones are doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card, and congrats for being the features stamper over at Rhonda's. I'm sure I'll get there later in the day. Your kids sound adorable and totally normal. I wouldn't worry about a thing. I took my girls and a couple of friends to Knotts Berry Farm yesterday up in Orange County, and the cutest things they said (repeatedly) was 'thanks so much for taking us. This is so fun'. That was really music to my ears. It was a warm sunny day, and the park was pretty empty, so a very nice time overall.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your frame is just gorgeous!! Love your take on the inspiration photo...it was a tricky one, but full of potential!! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness girl! This is seriously awesome! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a gorgeous card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card!! Love it, and congrats on Top 3!

    ReplyDelete