Friday, March 25, 2011

PTI blog hop: embroidery floss!



2 days ago, I was trying out different ideas, hoping one of them would translate into a ballerina invite or favor for Sofia's upcoming party.  No luck there (she informed me the color scheme wasn't to her liking - pink and hot pink are apparently the way to go), but then I remembered that it was almost blog hop time!  And lucky me, the piece used embroidery floss :)  The challenge this month is to be creative with floss - I don't know how creative this is (it's straight-up stitching), but at least I can join in the fun.  I actually love this card.  Maybe because I'm getting into the girly-ballerina-thing that Sofia's so excited about, but adding tutus to anything is fun times.  And I know it's an old trick, but it was the first time I used my copics to color the clear rhinestones - how about that?  Instant project match!  Love it.

Hope you enjoyed my creation!  Can't wait to have a quiet tea and check out the other projects :)

stamps: sew suite (SU), fancy flourishes, signature greetings (PTI)
dies: edgers #1, eyelet border (PTI)
papers:  basic grey, whisper white, blushing bride (SU)
misc: clear rhinestones, grey felt, pink tulle, copics

34 comments:

  1. LOVE the tutu on the dress form- so sweet, and it looks awesome on the gray felt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and hot pink... my kinda girl!! :) I'm sure you'll whip up something amazing!! The card is gorgeous. I love the stamping on felt. Turned out great!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous!!! Coloring gemstones and tons of other things is what convinced me to buy Copics! Love that we can do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the felt and the tule...along with your stitching! Simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! My jaw dropped! LOVE the colour combo, the fabulous tutu, the bling, the stitching around the nat stack. LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card...love the tutu on the dress form...love that little dress form!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!! Love the little tutu!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tu-tu!
    And the colors are fabulous!
    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very stylish! Love the colors and the fitting doll matches perfectly with the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall on the floor gorgeous! I love the tutu especially but this colour palette is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!! Love the colors and the tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty. What fun decorating those dress forms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love, love this! Great idea to diecut the mat from felt, and the stitching and little skirt is so much fun. The rhinestones are such a fancy touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like gray and pink! love the little tutu on the dress form :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think gray and pink is one of my favorite color combinations, so cute that touch of tulle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Super take on the challenge! Love the idea of stamping on felt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect--what a great color combo! And I love your adorable little tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card! Beautiful tutu on the dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty and creative card. Copics to color rhinestones is a great tip. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That tutu is too, too cute! Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet but elegant too...that tutu is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. very very pretty card. such an elegant color combo and love the soft touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sooooo pretty!!! I love all the sweet elements and the big flourish is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is GREAT! I love the felt label, and how you dressed the form!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, this is a GORGEOUS card! It makes me think of my dear neice who loves to dance. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic card! Marvelous detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sofia has some sophisticated taste if she led you to create this card. Everything about it is stunning. I may need to borrow your idea of the tutu on the dress form. My daughter turns 22 next month and would love this. She is a dancer. Enjoy your weekend. Hope Sofia's party is all she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Floss on felt! That's a great idea! I love the little tulle skirt; so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card.. THANK YOU for sharing.. Please come and visit my blog too!!

    Jessica Lynn
    http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete