Tuesday, May 31, 2011

postmarked missing you.

I know I'm late to the whole post-card party, but I couldn't resist.  Have you been *wasting* time on pinterest, like I have?  (I could argue the whole "time enjoyed isn't time wasted" but for now, let's just say that there are sometimes more important things in life than looking at pretty things...) My friend recently said that if she spends time on pinterest before bed, she dreams pretty things :)

I've loved looking at all the wedding stationary that has this whole vintage postcard vibe....



I'm obsessed.  sigh.  If only I could re-plan my wedding... without actually having to go through a wedding again, lol!  

So, being completely inspired, I came up with an-almost-1-layer card (if you don't count the 2 popped-up elements).  I love the depth and interest that I managed to create on this one layer!  

Here's a close-up of the text portion... with a bit of masking, I kept the text-style II background within the blocks to make it look like a hand-written postcard (but prettier.  No one wants to see my handwriting, believe me.)


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. I fell down. I'm typing this comment from the floor.
    LOVE.


    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo sweet, very clever use of the text background! And I love how you've used Postmarks... I have it but have not used it very much, still struggling with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Love how you used the Postmarks set. And I can totally relate, I'm addicted to Pinterest too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!!! What a FABULOUS card!!!! and sigh I am GUILTY of LOVING Pinterest to much! :)
    Hope your day is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome!! it looks so authentic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!!! I love this. It is such a fabulous idea - I will have to CASE (and give proper credit ofcouse). Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is beautiful! Postmarks is definitely on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girlie! I love how you used Text Style here... so smart and chic! I'm thrilled to find your blog! HUGS.

    ReplyDelete