Wednesday, November 16, 2011

s-n-o-w

We get alot of snow in Montreal.  It's not uncommon to be digging yourself out of a knee-deep bank that just happened to fall while you were shopping for a few hours...  Canadian winter tip no. 1:  keep a shovel in your trunk.

I used to love the snow.  But then, and this will sound incredibly terrible, I had kids.  You'd think I'd love to share the magic with them, right?  I mean, I do - but not 4 months worth.  And not all the bundling, and the "I have to go pee" that inevitably happens as soon as you go play outside...

One thing I'll always love is building a snowman with them.  And apparently, you can't spell snow without a little white cutie in the center!  I was inspired by this card, which led to my making this one:



I used lawn fawn's "making frosty friends" and stamped that adorable snowman and the little birdie, colored in their little parts and stuck them down with foam squares.  The letters were cut out with my sizziz die, and adhered to the strip of different patterned papers.  The holly leaves add a cute little touch to the top corner.


Thanks for looking!

ps.  I'm featured on the lawn fawn blog today - like, just by myself!  I did a double-take when I spotted my name in my google-reader feed - crazy happy!

9 comments:

  1. eek! cuteness. I am a sucker for 2 eyes made out of coal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, again, on your Lawn Fawn feature. And, I love your card. So clever and cute with the snowman and the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh yes...Canadian winters. I used to love them too, then I had to shovel my car out of waist-high drifts, scrape an inch of ice off my windshield, overheat my car and blow my heater...at -30'C. Good times! ;) Love your card and big congrats on being featured over at Lawn Fawn! Well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card! LOVE it! I love your paper and your sleek design--AMAZING:) You rock!


    THANKS for linking to my card and letting me know about your casing!! Many hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. another cute little snowman!! love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the white space on this card and I love the snowman in place of the 'o'. Fun fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being featured on the Lawn
    Fawn blog! This card is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Lawn Fawn feature! I love your cute card. Great colours, too.

    ReplyDelete