Tuesday, May 7, 2013

sorry I'm overdue {25 days of CSS inspiration}

CSS is doing things a little differently this month!  It's been three years since the CSS daily app first made an appearance on the crafting scene.  Each day the app features a new project, complete with instructions and photos.  You can save to your favorites for quick reference, and search through past months for even more inspiration.

In celebration of the CSS daily app, we are giving you 25 days of inspiration.  Each day, a DT member will bring you a fun new project, and as an added bonus, will showcase a coordinating project on the app.  yay!

sorry I'm overdue

Since it is teacher appreciation week, I automatically reached for school-themed images and dies.  But, if you're like me, you might have the best intentions and none of the follow-through.  This is a great project to give your child's teacher, even if you can't manage to get to it until next week *wink*

I printed the card sentiment via computer (the font I used is called traveling typewriter) and paired it with images from airmail, and that perfect apple.  The notebook edge die worked perfectly to accent the top of the card.  And, of course, a glossy apple.  I can't help it.  I stamp an apple and I just have to gloss it up.

To match the card, I created a little backpack - it can be filled with treats, a gift card, or tiny notecards.  I stamped the same notebook page image on the front of the backpack, and brought in some alpha love on the red accent piece.


sorry I'm overdue

Moral of the story: better late than never. hee.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my. You've been posting so many cute things lately. You are my queen of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little backpack is absolutely perfect, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The apple is perfect with the books from the Air Mail set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love that little backpack and how neutral the card is except for the apple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena those are out of this world cute!! Love the pops of red ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects and card!!
    Very clever and great humor, love it!
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'd be rude not to gloss an apple image *wink*. The entire ensemble looks awesome, really love the colour combo and the backpack!

    ReplyDelete