Wednesday, September 23, 2015

bah humbug {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Hi there! It's the last of the September posts for Lawn Fawn's inspiration week (but, I realized that I forgot to post yesterday, so expect a bonus pillow box project on the blog tomorrow!)

Today, we're showing off Baaah Humbug.

bah humbug {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I really like how this card turned out! I stamped a lot of the tiny images onto a piece of white cardstock, colored them in red and white and then masked all of the tiny images (yup!) so that I could rub ink over the entire thing for that vintage feel.

I used the stitched rectangle dies to frame out the base layer, and then started on the focal image.

The partial die-cut technique is perfect for cutting out the sheep and his hat as one piece. It gives the image a more polished look (as opposed to seeing the white die-cut edge of the hat on top of the sheep's head.)

For all the red and white and brown on the card, I wanted a punch of something graphic for the sentiment. White heat embossing onto black cardstock does the trick every time.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the Lawn Fawn blog today - click!

♥.

5 comments:

  1. This. is. adorable. I LOVE how you made that fun background and that you used partial die cutting for the sheep/hat. I am so afraid to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Awesome masking and partial die cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique...I hope to have your patience...fab card!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which brown ink did you use for your background?

    ReplyDelete