Monday, July 25, 2016

look whooo's back!

Hi there!

My 2 older kids went to sleep-away camp again this year. I missed them so much, but it was a lot easier to leave them this time around. Last year, there were heart palpitations and sleepless nights. It was no joke.

Maia and I wanted to welcome them home with something sweet, like we did with our watermelon spread last year (click!)

look whooo's back!


I used Lawn Fawn's Give A Hoot dies to create a little owl-themed party for them.

look whooo's back!


Maia rolled the alpha dies through the machine to create this sign.  She die-cut a ton of extra letters too, and kept putting them together in nonsensical combinations and asking me what they spelled. We're about ready to learn how to read, I think!

look whooo's back!

I also used the Give A Hoot dies on party banners. Such an easy, simple way to reinforce the party theme! With the extra sleepy eyes and beaks, I created some fun cupcake wrappers:

look whooo's back!

Using the heart-shaped balloon die (from Party Balloons) I created a face and wings. The sleepy eyes and beaks were colored using copic markers, and I gave the owls a pair of blushy cheeks too. Wouldn't these look so cute as winter penguins? I've put in a formal request for critter cupcake wrappers. If you think it's a good idea, go to the LF blog and tell Kelly you think so too!

look whooo's back!

I always require milk with my sweets, and an extra owl banner was the perfect milk bottle embellishment.

look whooo's back!

The kids love little party boxes. I gave them the option of filling their boxes with the trail mix or keeping them for little trinkets and treasures. Sofia was thrilled to find out the pillow boxes are the perfect size to house her little instax camera photos.

look whooo's back!

I hope you like my little owl-themed party! It was a hoot ::wink::

♥.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! This owl themed party is perfect! I chose the same colors long ago to create owl boxes for a boy Christening! Love the banners and the cupcake wraps!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please adopt me. Your party decorations are always so creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete