Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Pretty poinsettias (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

 Hi there!

Welcome to Lawn Fawn's inspiration week! Today is our showcase of the Stitched Poinsettia dies and the So Joyful Line Border:

Pretty poinsettias (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I started out by using a sheet of red and white plaid paper (it's older in the Lawn Fawn lineup, and we no longer carry it.) I used a maroon ink and a blender brush to darken the edges and tone down the plaid. I love that the background carries just a hint of a pattern this way. Before continuing onto next steps, I splattered white paint onto the red background.

I then cut out the poinsettia and leaves, as well as sprigs from Large Wreath and Spring Sprig. I played with the composition until I felt like it was full but not too busy, and added the line border sentiment at the bottom.

Pretty poinsettias (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the LF blog this morning - click!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design, I'll have to try poinsettias in white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! STUNNING design!

    ReplyDelete