Wednesday, December 28, 2011

mini-album.

Here's my "brown paper package, tied up with twine" for the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  I'm also posting it to our latest Papertrey princess challenge, which was to create a mini-album.


I love crafting with my 6 year old, Sofia.  We made our mini-albums side-by-side.  Hers was titled "things to do for fun" and she drew pictures and wrote cute little captions on each page.  Mine was all about her.  


I started out with a kraft base, die-cut a white label and stamped PTI's "background basics: hearts" onto it in blushing bride ink.  The "what I like about" was computer-generated, and I then stamped an image from "label basics" around it before cutting it out.


As you open up the album, there is a fun little image and greeting in each section.  I used different lawn fawn stamps and greetings, masked them, and added the same hearts background over-top.  Here, I used the cotton candy image and greeting from "admit one."  The floral embellishment is from SU.


The cutie-pie is from "silly valentine."  The little pink pearls were from Simon Says Stamp.


I love those little socks!  They're also from "silly valentine," and the little grey heart was embossed with an SU folder.


The rocking horse is from "pa-rum-pa-pum-pum" and the little tag is from PTI's "tiny tags" die collection.


Here is the final reveal!  Each section can be embellished further, and you could even decorate the back of each side - it's a fun little album :)  The sections all fold into a neat little package.


Hope you liked it!  Sofia actually didn't notice what I was working on - she was so concentrated on her own project.  I'm thinking this would make a completely sweet valentine :)

If anyone is interested in the measurements, drop me a comment or an email - I'd be happy to do a quick little tutorial.

Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. What a seriously cute project!!!! I adore it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! So beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so fabulous, Elena! I love it and I'm sure Sofia does, too! So very special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. I'm sure Sofia will love it--mommy made it just for her. I hope you can make two more... I like how each page is a bit different, but they clearly are part of a set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! I would love to know the measurements for your mini album. Could you pm me over at the PTI boards? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet album. Is the base made of one piece of paper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Your daughter will totally love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet!! I love all the stamps you used and the colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Thanks for sharing the tutorial on how to make one. It is going on my list of things to try now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable project!! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super album! Definately an album to cherish.

    ReplyDelete