Saturday, March 30, 2013

with glittering eyes {precious remembrance}

with glittering eyes

Normally when I make a card, I search my stash for the perfect stamps, and work from there.

I saw this print on pinterest, and really wanted to re-create it.  Chalkboard, fantastic quote, and a little out there.  I like it all.


I had the perfect glasses image, but the thought of building the sentiment with tiny alpha stamps was depressing.  So, I hand-wrote it, for a completely quirky (and I think charming) take on the print:

with glittering eyes

Not everyone is going to like this card.  My hubs gave it a "meh."  But I give myself a thumbs up for stepping outside my comfort zone and creating a card using a grand total of 2 stamps.

with glittering eyes

What do you think?  Would you boldly put your own handwriting on a card?

13 comments:

  1. If I had handwriting like yours, I would! Mine would not come out as cute and quirky. Love your take on the print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's adorable! I think the idea of stamping that with little alphabet stamps is depressing too..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow! This is so adorable!!
    Looove your handwriting! (better than stamps) LOL
    Great sentiment!! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW I love your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much Elena!! Such an inspiring quote, and I think your handwriting actually enhances the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Elena! Awesome job using only 2 stamps and bravo for using your handwriting. A couple of months back, I added some of my print for my sentiment for a card. I loathe my handwriting, but wanted my card to look handwritten, so that's what I did. I still don't like to write on my layouts, but I know that my children will love to see my writing. My mother used to write me many letters and I have cherished them. I hope my kids will too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great interpretation of the print! I love the handwritten sentiment, and love how fun all that twine is at the bottom with the veneer star.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, Elena! I love that you used your own handwriting on your card (and I would totally do that, too)...I love the chalkboard technique and glittery stars, too! Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's your handwriting? I totally thought it was a stamp! Your card looks fantastic, Elena! Don't you just love it when you create something and are happy with it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best "chalkboard" card I've seen yet. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think my handwriting is cute enough for a card - but yours is PERFECT!

    I think this turned out great, and you translated the inspiration so spot on - it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE IT!!! And I think your handwriting is much better than the typewriter font on the print. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card and I prefer it to the one you have cased. Your handwriting is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete