Tuesday, August 4, 2015

happy birthday, from all of us! {mama elephant}

Hi there! I have a fun birthday card for you today, using the new sentiment set from Mama Elephant, Blessed.

I couldn't help but combine it with the cutie images from Tandem Ride:

crittery birthday blessings


It's no secret that I love the full-sized-card-front die from the Sew Fancy set. I use it on almost every card. But I love the nesting circles included in the same die set too, and used one of them to cut out 4 circles for the critters to peek out from.

crittery birthday blessings

Behind the animals, I cut grass and made it all pop by backing them with a mint cardstock.

I stamped "from all of us" onto a wavy banner (and ps, the wavy banner hides where the circles meet, in case they aren't perfectly lined up. ahem.)

I then stamped the bigger, scripty "blessings" down below. I used my finger to smudge the ink a little around the sentiment. I love using Mama Elephant inks for this! They take longer to dry, so there was plenty of time to blend the ink around. I find it looks softer, and less stark this way, and also lends the sentiment more presence, to balance out all of the images above. I also splattered some minty ink around the entire front, for added interest.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

8 comments:

  1. This is sooo super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I LOVE how you have the little critters peeking out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is simply adorable and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is darling!! I love all of those adorable little ME animals and they are so cute in the little cut out windows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is cuter than CUTE! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete