Wednesday, August 26, 2015

this is gonna sound corny... {lawn fawn}

hey there! Lawn Fawn's August inspiration week is wrapping up with a look at Holiday Party Animal, the companion set to the original Party Animal(s).

I did something a little corny:

this is gonna sound corny... {lawn fawn}

I stamped the 3 party-ready-critters with a pie each, and paired them with the sentiment from Happy Feast.

I curved the first part of the sentiment so that it followed the curve of my oval die-cut, and added the latter part on a straight piece of kraft cardstock.

this is gonna sound corny... {lawn fawn}

I keep adding frames to my cards! I usually batch-craft my cards for the month, and I guess that's what happens. I like something on one card, so I'll add it in a different-but-same way on another. I think adding the oval frame gives the card a more tailored look.

The striped tone-on-tone orange paper that I used for the background is fall perfection, no? I love the new Polka in the Dark paper collection. Stripes and polka dots in all the fall colors!

I hope you like it! This is my favorite card this month, and now I wanna bake some pies!

There's more to see on the LF blog this morning - click!

♥.

10 comments:

  1. Love love love!!! Super cuties!! I think they'd like to live at my house, make friends in my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute. Love the design and your critters are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the pies :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable and I just love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I super love everything about this card, the animals, the oval cut out, the sentiments, so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are soooo adorable!! thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha....ah You're going to laugh at me, Elena. I looked at this card in my email and I thought, there is nothing corny about this card. I hadn't seen the sentiment yet! I was so taken in by your coloring and the pies and that wonderful frame. Lets paint a wall or make some pies! LOL I hope your home renos are coming along. I just revamped my laundry/baby room a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's in part due to your interesting home move and reno thoughts that got me going and well, the need to make some changes. I haven't even had time to share it on my blog because I'm floating around blog land. haha Thanks for sharing all of your lovely goings on. ;) Paulette S.
    craftqueen417 at yahoo
    http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com
    because there is not a single soul at Blogger aka Google who will edit some really funked up things on my account because their system is utterly confusing from mobile devices and they'd rather I jump through a bunch of hoops and create more accounts and or pages and depend on someone to merge that with my YouTube account instead of deleting this dinosaur of a Blogger Profile with seriously outdated information for a blog that no longer exists and keep it linked to me!

    ReplyDelete