Friday, January 11, 2019

Cake & confetti (Neat and Tangled release week)

Hi there!

We've come to the end of Neat and Tangled's January release week, which means all of the new products shown this week are available for sale in the store right now!

I have a bonus card to share with you, using the Piece Of Cake stamp set:

cake & confetti (Neat and Tangled release week)


This card features a big, mended mistake. I colored the entire image, and then stamped one of the greetings with a very shaky hand - ugh! But, what I love about art is, you can messed it all up and find a way to fix it, and no one would ever be the wiser.

I used scissors to cut out the 3 cake layers, and then I re-stamped the greeting on a second image, that I stamped directly onto the base layer.

cake & confetti (Neat and Tangled release week)

I don't even think it looks like a mistake at all now, and even adds more texture to the card with the extra layer.

To finish off, I added some stamped confetti all around the cake and did some shading at the bottom, to ground the image.

I hope you like it! Happy shopping - click!

♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment