Wednesday, August 3, 2011

lawnscaping challenge - it's distressing!

Lawn fawn stamps? distressed inking or edges?  Yes, yes, yes!  I broke out my lawn fawn stamps for the newest lawnscaping challenge and had some fun... I made enough cards to share with you over the next few days.... so be prepared... cute critters and a Christmas card (even though I missed the whole "Christmas in July" bit, right?)


I inked up, copic-colored, and cut out the barnyard critters... and that fence!  I colored and cut it out also... what I learned is that my craft knife is a smidge on the dull side... I kept wishing that I had the PTI fence die - but this one turned out pretty cute, I think!


The clouds backgrounds is a Hero Arts stamp - I inked it up in pool party ink (SU) and used tumbled glass distress ink around the edges.

The kraft base was also stamped with a Hero Arts background (envelope pattern) and was then distressed using white ink.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. HA! OK, so cute, but also so perfectly executed.Your fence contrasts nicely with all the other layers. Nothing is getting lost in this card. Love the little overflow of the cow-tail and fence. Nice touch here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love this scene. Love the critters peaking over the fence! LOVE IT! Thank you SOOO much for joining us at the Lawnscaping challenge this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome! I love the scene you created and the colors are so soft and pretty! I like this alot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so very cute. Reminds me of 'Old McDonald Had a Farm'--song running through my head as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Cute card! - Just found your blog through (Damask Love) where you left a comment. Decided to check you out and am glad I did. You do great work.
    Pop by my blog sometime if you feel like it, I'd love to have you visit.

    PS I signed up by email for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute!!! I love the fence and the cutie animals. And the clouds in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the challenge! These critters are having fun on the farm, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling scene! Great coloring on those critters, too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SOOOO CUTE!!! LOVE those farm critters!! And your coloring and cloud background are just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The distressing is so perfect on this farmy-chic card. I also love the fence and how you've cut it out and adhered it in front; it adds so much dimension! I'll have to try that very soon. :) Thank you for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete