Monday, August 1, 2011

vintage circus party hats.

In honor of the Gallery Idol competition (the top 5 are unveiling their "party trios" today), I thought I would share my own set of party decorations!

I made a banner, party hats, and cake decorations for a vintage circus 1st birthday party.

I'm sharing the party hat cuteness with you today:


I took my cue from the party invite - sepia tones, with different browns and black, and pops of deep red... I made the hat base out of kraft cardstock and added a rim of fringed cherry cardstock to the bottom.  For each child, I cut a frame with SU's new embossing folder (absolutely love it!) and stamped each child's name and an image from my last-new-SU-set: under the big top (I pretty much used this party as an excuse to order it!) When I thought of vintage circus, I envisioned painting the images with only tiny pops of color... and lot of distress inks - I'm so happy it all came together.  The black star on the top was stamped with PTI's newsprint background.

the man of the hour, complete with a bow-tie and suspenders!

that's my hat!
Come back tomorrow and check out the vintage circus banner!  Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, did you check out my child's mop?  It is taking on a life of its own... and nearing afro proportions.  We've taken to calling Maia our little "who" from whoville... it sticks straight up in the mornings - hee hee!  The hat is actually taming the mane a bit...

3 comments:

  1. Great hat, cute pics of the party. Looks like a good time was had by all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hats are very elegant and at the same time playful; making them a great addition for a kids birthday party.

    ReplyDelete