Monday, August 8, 2011

we're having...


A whale of a time!

Ok, so I made this card before we got to the beach.  But we are having a wonderful time!  We've been coming to VA beach since I was a child - my dad used to say things like: "oh, you have a rash?  Wait until we hit the ocean."  "sniffles? don't worry, it'll be gone once we sit outside at the beach."  Hilarious, right?  He really is like the dad from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," only instead of spraying us with windex, he's talking about the beach's magical properties :)

I'm so thankful for the chance to share that magic with my own children!  There is something healing about watching kids play at the beach - the sand in their chubby toes,  their chicken legs running with a bucketful full of water - spilling most of it on their way back... we're loving it!


I whipped up this super-simple card before leaving so that it wouldn't be all chatter and no card-eye-candy...  I used lawn fawn's "critters of the sea."  The smiley-whale was colored and cut out, and mounted with foam squares over the polka dot ocean.  I just noticed I have kind of a US patriotic theme going with my colors... I must have already been heading south in my mind...

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Just so cute. Glad to hear that you are having fun at the beach. We live in a beach town, and never tire of it.

    ReplyDelete