Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gingerbread party! {with lawn fawn and montreal confections}

Gingerbread is one of those holiday sweet staples, like eggnog and candy canes. And the holidays are always full of excuses to throw parties! So get ready, you are invited to check out our sweet holiday gingerbread spread:

gingerbread party!

I'm always so excited to get to work with Marlyn (of Montreal Confections.) Her cakes and cookies make any paper decorations I craft look so much better.

And I create these monthly parties for Lawn Fawn, using their stamps and dies.

gingerbread party!

Can you see the sparkle in the background?  We hung cheap, white garland in back of the table to frame the cake. If you were looking for a holiday photobooth idea, add a few extra garlands and I think it would be perfect!  The tablecloth is actually wrapping paper, and purchased at Target (they have the most amazing patterns this year!)

gingerbread party!

Marlyn made this amazing gingerbread house cake! She's right - who wants to actually eat a dry, cookie gingerbread house? But a cake in the shape of? Oh, yes. It was delicious.

gingerbread party!

With spritz cookies for roof shingles, and red and green candy accents, it was perfect.

gingerbread party!


She created a how-to video on her youtube channel - click to watch it!

gingerbread party!


I created these gingerbread drink labels, with straws to match the little swirled lollipop that he is holding.  Just for a different look, I used a copic pen to draw in some icing at the top of his head. I love him with icing hair!

gingerbread party!

Of course, the bottles were filled with chocolate milk. I mean, if the kids are gonna get sugared up, you may as well do it right. ha. And, it matches the gingerbread brown color better.

gingerbread party!

I found these swirly lollipops at our local dollarstore - they were the inspiration for the entire party! In all of the decorations, the gingerbread man is holding a similar lollipop. I love cookies and candy for cupcake toppers!  It's like candyland up in here!

The cupcake wrappers were so simple, but add to the gingerbread feel, I cut them out of kraft paper, sponged the edges in brown ink and added scallops with a white gel pen.

gingerbread party!

I made dessert labels for each of the table elements.  I used the partial die-cut technique to cut the gingerbread house and the banner together, and attached a second gingerbread house die-cut to the back to it would stand up.  They match perfectly with Marlyn's house cookies:

gingerbread party!

These cookies are so cute, with their sparkling snow accents! Marlyn has a video for these as well as the cupcakes you saw earlier - click!

The video will also show you how to turn these cookies into a sweet parting gift.

gingerbread party!


I created some elements to add to the packaged cookie:

gingerbread party!

Easy and cute! I hope you've enjoyed our gingerbread party, and thanks for stopping by!

♥.

14 comments:

  1. you are absolutely amazing.
    This is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fab parties!!! Genius, so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Your parties are always so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love it! That gingerbread boy does look good with icing hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW your amazing.. I always enjoy seeing your fun parties..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this whole party set up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Amazing! Those houses and the LF images are just perfect together, and YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this party is amazing!!! :) Your projects are always so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy awesome party Elena! Love all the trimmings and treats. What a lucky girl o have a friend like Marilyn. I have been trying to learn how to ice cookies perfectly as long as I can remember, it is an art, one I cannot do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible party decoration Elena! Thanks for all this inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much sweet cuteness! The gingerbread house cake looks amazing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute can you make things I want that these cookies lol :)

    ReplyDelete