Saturday, June 24, 2017

Beach bums (Neat and Tangled)

Hi there!

I posted these cards to the Neat and Tangled blog a few days ago, but I wanted to share them here too.

Beach bums

They use images from the new set, Beach Day, and feature a trio of critters in beach wear. Let's talk about how cute the hippo looks in her itty-bitty-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini. And not how I felt trying on bathing suits last week. ack!

Beach bums

I matched pattern paper to her bathing suit bottom, and also to the yellow sun, and made it all pop with a sponged blue sky. The little turtle is my absolute fave.

Beach bums

I realized that I never used all 3 animals on the same card! Time to correct that with a fun shaker card. When I was illustrating the set, I purposefully drew 3 animals that would be colored in grey. Is that cool? Or too monotone? I wanted the bright bathing suits and floaties to stand out instead.

Beach bums

Shake-shake-shake!

Shake what your mama gave you! haha. They look super confidant in their topless attire. I might be throwing on a pair of shorts when we head off to the beach this summer.

♥.

1 comment: