Wednesday, June 20, 2018

beautiful music (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Hi there!

On the final day of this month's Lawn Fawn inspiration week, I'm showing off the Happy Anniversary Border die:

beautiful music (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Ever since I laid eyes on the music-themed set, Critter Concert, I wished for this sentiment! I decided to make my own - ack! Because I was definitely using the Happy Anniversary border, I needed a smallish font, something that could fit into the banner flag that fit the die-cut-border's proportions.

I found Plan On It: Spring Cleaning in my stash and went to work, stamping the letters out one at a time. All the letters I needed were in that set, save the F in beautiful - but I don't think you can tell that I drew it in myself. And to clarify, yes, I did cut up the letters in the Plan On It set, and I do that often with sentiments in any set. ha. I have no problems surgically giving my sets new life!

beautiful music (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

To build my card, I cut a heart and did some watercoloring on it in shades of pink. Then, I colored my band critters, stamped out extra music notes and added them to the heart along with the 2-part sentiment.

beautiful music (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I layed those pieces onto a layer of Polka Dot coverplate (which I trimmed down using a rectangle die) and placed everything onto my white base.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the LF blog this morning - click!

♥.

2 comments:

  1. These critters are so sweet and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you watercolored your heart and the trailing musical notes are perfect to set the scene! Beautiful card design!

    ReplyDelete