Monday, September 10, 2018

Amar's 40th birthday

Hi there!

I'm here and on the Lawn Fawn blog today, with pictures from my hubby Amar's 40th birthday. I turned 40 six months ago, and thank goodness he can stop making jokes about being married to an old lady.

Amar's 40th birthday

I baked and cooked and made decor for this party, and so I didn't get as many pictures of everything as I had hoped, but I did manage to snap some photos of the dessert table. If you want to know what Lawn Fawn products I used, hop on over to their blog for more of those kinds of details - click!

I made Amar build me some simple frames that I painted white to flank the dessert dresser. Really, really simple: just a few 1x3 planks of wood that we nailed together. I think they made the photo display so pretty!

Amar's 40th birthday

Everything on the table was baked from scratch, including this YUMMY chocolate cake with oreo frosting. I was pretty proud of it!

Amar's 40th birthday

I still have some in the freezer - it was a big cake! I usually bake tiny 6 inch cakes for my party set-ups but we were expecting more than 30 people for a backyard bbq, so I made a 9 inch cake, with I think 6 layers inside.
Amar's 40th birthday

I really tried to bake his favorite desserts. These cupcakes were orange carrot ginger flavored, with a zingy ginger cream cheese frosting on top.

Are you giggling at his face on all of the dessert labels? (cringing? that's ok too, haha.) I found a funny-faced picture of Amar, worked some photoshop magic to erase the background, and printed him out on my home printer. Nothing easier. A little stamped party hat and speech bubble were the perfect add-ons.

I really wish I had taken photos of the rest of the party - his face was on every water-bottle and dinner food option. No mistaking who's party this was!

Amar's 40th birthday

These brown butter toffee chocolate chip cookies were my favorite. I'll go ahead and share the recipe - click!

Amar's 40th birthday

The s'mores cookies were pretty good too. I mean, if you like that sort of thing.

Amar's 40th birthday

I had some leftover vanilla cupcakes in the freezer, some whipping cream, leftover vanilla cream cheese frosting, strawberries, and an unhealthy paranoia that I wouldn't have enough dessert for everyone (it seemed like a logical stress at the time) so I threw together these mason jar strawberry shortcakes.

Amar's 40th birthday


It was such a fun time to celebrate Amar, with all of our family and close friends. It really was a great day!

Amar's 40th birthday

♥.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that young man appreciates his wife's great effort...Will have to use your work for my hubby's 40th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Amar! I know what it is like to have someone nine months younger, gloating... not for long though. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete