Thursday, February 28, 2019

big floral thanks (with Ellen Hutson)

Hi there!

I have a few days with nothing to post, so I think I will go back and share projects that I made at the beginning of the month that were never blogged yet.

Let's start with this big beautiful floral number, from the Mondo Gerbera Daisy stamp set:

big floral thanks (Ellen Hutson)


I can't even tell you how much I adore the entire "mondo" flower line of stamps that Ellen Hutson has in their store. I hope they make more of them. (You hear me, Julie? you genius, you!)

And this daisy image is so perfect for a quick and easy card. I am the world's slowest colorer (it's been documented) but this card came together in under 30 minutes. Because I only really had to color the stems and the middle of the flowers, I got the drama from the large floral without the coloring-time-commitment. In case you'd like to know, I used copic markers - Y02, Y11, and Y17 for the yellow centers.

big floral thanks (Ellen Hutson)

I started with a card base, onto which I did a little ink blending with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink.  Before the ink could dry, I flecked water droplets onto the entire think, for that dreamy bokeh effect.

Next, I layered on the flowers, and stamped the greeting in the lower right hand corner to finish things off.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment