Friday, September 4, 2020

Shutter card (Lawn Fawn Fall/Winter release week!)

 Hi there!

Welcome to another day of Lawn Fawn's Fall/Winter release week! We're showing off their new collection all week long, and everything will be available for purchase as of September 10th.

Today is our showcase of the new Shutter Card dies. I paired it with more of those cute squirrels and an acorn house die you'll see more of soon:


Shutter card (Lawn Fawn Fall/Winter release week!)

You create a gate-fold card, with a band that you remove to open the card. I tried to decorate the outside to match the inside.

When you open the card, a shutter opens! revealing an inside surprise.


Shutter card (Lawn Fawn Fall/Winter release week!)

I did some ink-blending in soft colors, leading down to a stenciled grassy area. I tried to blend all of the panels so that the scene would be seamless. I also flipped the middle panel upside down (you'll understand if you look at the rest of the design team's samples) so that I could fit the big acorn house in the middle. If you look closely, you'll see I had to add score-lines to the top of the acorn house so that everything would fold nicely and work with the card mechanics.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the LF blog this morning - click!


2 comments: