Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Aw, nuts (for Avery Elle)

Hi there!

This is my second post for today. If you're looking for my Lawn Fawn card, scroll down.

I have a fun card to share, featuring a stamp set from the current Avery Elle release: Aw, Nuts!


aw nuts! (for Avery Elle)


I just love the little squirrel in his acorn home, and wanted him to be the center of attention! A great way to push all the focus on him was to use the Ray background die. I cut it out of kraft paper, and then used an ink blender to darken the area around the opening. I also added texture and more interest by splattering darker brown and white paint onto the die-cut layer before adding in the images.  


aw nuts! (for Avery Elle)


After working on the base layer, I added in the squirrel onto foam squares, nestling him behind some brightly colored mushrooms. Even though the card is dark and earthy in tone, I wanted to add in some pops of color - the mushrooms, the mug, the leaf, and his scarf all break up the brown tones that are prominent on this card.

For a final touch, I added the bird, from Woodland Scene Builder, and used a white gel pen to draw in a little dotted path.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment