Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Woodland Scene Builder x3

Hi there!

I'm here with a few cards using a set from Avery Elle's newest release, Woodland Scene Builder. I'm hoping to show you how versatile this stamp set is!

Right away, I flipped it and used the background image on a vertical card.



I stamped the background image, and then carefully cut the large tree with the mouse peeking out straight up. Then, I stamped it again lined up the right edge of the background to the right edge of my card. The trees layered on top of that tree on the left. Clear? haha. I'm confusing myself. To make it even more seamless, I used a black pen to draw in all of the missing lines (I didn't want the white die-cut border to show) and then colored everything in with copic markers. Try zooming in to the top left-hand side of the card for a better view. 




After that, building the rest of the card was easy! I added in the sledding squirrel from Winter Friends and some string lights from O Tiny Tree. I love how the mouse and squirrel are waving to each other!

My next card shows you that this background set can be used year-round:


I paired it with images from Camping Critters for a fun summer set. I achieved a more summery look by stamping the grassy tufts included in the set, and doing some ink-blending on the card base before adding in the die-cut layers. I also kept the string lights white, which is 100% less festive than coloring them red.


I couldn't help but add in some pops of red, though! Just enough? hee hee.

My 3rd card uses the set more simply:



I literally just tucked it behind the big die-cut Happy Holidays, added the little girl on the deer to the side, and accented the die-cut with some sprigs and the snowman from O Tiny Tree

I hope you like my cards for today! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all from the Avery Elle store:

No comments:

Post a Comment