Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Llama! (Neat and Tangled release week)

Hi there!

Welcome to the third day of this month's Neat and Tangled release week. We will tease you with new products all week long and then they will be available for purchase on Friday morning in the store.

Today, the team is showing off dies made in collaboration with Benzie Design. I played around with the llama die:

Llama! (Neat and Tangled release week)

I could have just stuffed and stitched a little llama, but I decided to try something a little more... involved. I'm so glad I did because it is just so cute!

Llama! (Neat and Tangled release week)


I made a llama box! It's the perfect size for keeping on your desk and filling with little stamped die-cuts, or on your dresser to hold your rings. I gave it to my daughter and she filled it some plastic jewelry and it's adorable.

I started out by cutting 4 of the main llama shapes out of felt, and another 2 out of very sturdy card-stock. So sturdy, it's almost cardboard. I then stitched 1 llama to each piece of cardboard/cardstock, and just so you don't see all of the thread-work, I glued on the remaining llama shapes to the back of each. You don't necessarily have to stitch anything on those layers, but I did so that it would look more polished. I just ran the thread through, but didn't stitch those layers to anything. Does that make sense? So each llama is comprised of a felt llama, a cardstock llama, and another felt llama.

Llama! (Neat and Tangled release week)

Next. I cut myself a box out of that same heavy cardstock, and adhered it between the 2 llamas. You could stop right there, but I opted to cover the cardstock box in white felt.

I hope you like it! Be sure to leave me a comment before you leave - Danielle will choose a winning comment from among the design team's blog posts this week. You could win a $25 gift card to the NT store. Now hop on over to the NT blog to see what the rest of the team created using this set - click!

See you tomorrow!

♥.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, that llama die is just adorable and I llove the llama box. What a cool idea. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an awesome idea!! I know a young girl who loves llamas and would love something like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to try cutting something other than paper! Who knew? (Neat & Tangled, obviously!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable project! Love your clever and cute llama box! I was thinking of a ring holder too before I read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Nice to have something
    we can display on our craft table
    or as a decoration through the
    house. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your clever llama box design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh that's cute. I love how you made something useful out of this cute llama. NICE

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooo cute! What a cute llama project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an adorable llama box! I am sure your daughter loves it. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable!! And what a genius idea! I have to say, I have never thought of doing this with any of my dies, but so many would work! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic! So adorable and wonderfully creative. WOW, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea!! Your llama box is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous box!!! It's really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete