Monday, August 15, 2011

Forever love

We're back from the beach!  One week in sunny, beautiful VA beach was exactly what our little family needed... the memories will last a lifetime.

In a little under 2 weeks, my cousin Julie will be married!  So, that means a slew of wedding cards on the blog.  Why a slew?  Because I have to create one from me, one from my mom, and one from my sister.  Of course.


It took so long for my new PTI order to get to me that it was my first time playing around with these goodies! I used the half & half die collection, the vine die, the wonderful words die - all PTI.  The half & half die strip was embossed with my favorite SU square lattice embossing folder.  When distressed, it shows off even more wonderful texture!


The roses are MFT, the mini-rolled-rosettes.  A little bouquet of flowers for the bride and groom.


I die-cut the vines from a very subtle patterned paper (sorry, I can't reference it!) and left enough room on the right to stamp a strip from the coordinating set.

I hope you like it!  I have to admit that after a good 10 days of not crafting, I felt a little rusty trying to create this one.  

And, because I miss it already, here's a shot of Sofia lugging the boogie board back into the ocean for another run...



Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Lovely card. I've fallen in love with that vine die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wedding card Eleana! And I hear you on making cards for everyone, sounds like what I do too! :> Can't wait to see the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!! so glad you had a fun, relaxing time at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The linen/canvas on the half & half is awesome!!! I think I just made a shopping list from your card... things I don't have and now NEED... fantastic, Elena!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card. The ebossed half & half strip is great. At first I thought you used a piece of burlap. Love the colors and the flowers and the word. But then again it's all PTI and who doesn't love PTI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely card. The ebossed half & half strip is great. At first I thought you used a piece of burlap. Love the colors and the flowers and the word. But then again most of it is PTI and who doesn't love PTI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so pretty! I love the little "bouquet", and that vine die is one of my new favorites. It looks great here with the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so so pretty!!! I love the vines and those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. Don't you just love that SU embossing folder? It is probably my most used.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card...love the vine with the die cut sentiment!

    ReplyDelete