Friday, February 1, 2013

festive fridays - guest designer

Hi peeps!

I'm helping my friend Meredith kick off the first challenge over at Festive Fridays (where you can make your Christmas cards all year long to beat the rush!)

Here is the inspiration photo and color scheme for this week's challenge:


And, to kick things off, here's what I came up with:

silver & red joy.

I started out with a piece of CSS silver cardstock (swoon!  it's so pretty!) and white-heat embossed a damask background (from Wplus9) over the entire card base.  I then die-cut 2 tags (PTI's tag sale 4): one in red and one in white.  I also cut into the one in white with a tree die, and layered them one over the over.

silver & red joy.

Since I didn't want to detract from the damask background, I stamped my sentiment in 2 sections, and onto vellum.

If you have some time this week, you should join in the fun.  You have until February 13th to add your entry, and there is a prize up from grabs.

Happy Friday, all!


9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Elena!!! Will you forgive me for leaving you out of my list of designers??? I was typing late last night, thinking..."do we have a guest for this first round or not?"...I should have checked! And you're there now!;) So glad it was you, and love this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Elena! Your damask is so elegant! I have this cardstock now, really need to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and fantastic idea to start making Christmas cards now I wish I could do the same with the cookies ;0p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being Guest Designer. This is so exciting, a great team and some beautiful designs. Your card is lovely. Have fun and enjoy the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even see the envelope pattern on your red cardstock before, how did I miss that?? I tell you, I was blown AWAY when I opened my email and saw this - even though I knew I would love whatever you did, this still took my breath away!

    Thank you SO SO much for being our first guest designer, and helping me kick everything off... I am so grateful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect use of vellum! Y'know I don't think I've seen such a pretty, red Christmas tree :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! I love the vellum tags! So pretty! I'm going to check out the challenge! I love to make Christmas cards all year!

    ReplyDelete