Saturday, March 30, 2013

with glittering eyes {precious remembrance}

with glittering eyes

Normally when I make a card, I search my stash for the perfect stamps, and work from there.

I saw this print on pinterest, and really wanted to re-create it.  Chalkboard, fantastic quote, and a little out there.  I like it all.


I had the perfect glasses image, but the thought of building the sentiment with tiny alpha stamps was depressing.  So, I hand-wrote it, for a completely quirky (and I think charming) take on the print:

with glittering eyes

Not everyone is going to like this card.  My hubs gave it a "meh."  But I give myself a thumbs up for stepping outside my comfort zone and creating a card using a grand total of 2 stamps.

with glittering eyes

What do you think?  Would you boldly put your own handwriting on a card?

12 comments:

  1. If I had handwriting like yours, I would! Mine would not come out as cute and quirky. Love your take on the print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's adorable! I think the idea of stamping that with little alphabet stamps is depressing too..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW I love your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much Elena!! Such an inspiring quote, and I think your handwriting actually enhances the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Elena! Awesome job using only 2 stamps and bravo for using your handwriting. A couple of months back, I added some of my print for my sentiment for a card. I loathe my handwriting, but wanted my card to look handwritten, so that's what I did. I still don't like to write on my layouts, but I know that my children will love to see my writing. My mother used to write me many letters and I have cherished them. I hope my kids will too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great interpretation of the print! I love the handwritten sentiment, and love how fun all that twine is at the bottom with the veneer star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, Elena! I love that you used your own handwriting on your card (and I would totally do that, too)...I love the chalkboard technique and glittery stars, too! Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's your handwriting? I totally thought it was a stamp! Your card looks fantastic, Elena! Don't you just love it when you create something and are happy with it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best "chalkboard" card I've seen yet. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think my handwriting is cute enough for a card - but yours is PERFECT!

    I think this turned out great, and you translated the inspiration so spot on - it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT!!! And I think your handwriting is much better than the typewriter font on the print. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card and I prefer it to the one you have cased. Your handwriting is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete