Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Magical castle birthday card.

Gabriel's party on Saturday.

Another party on Sunday.  For a girl named Sofia.  My Sofia finds this confusing and funny all at the same time...  I let her pick what would go on the card (sidebar: usually, she creates cards for her own friends, but since the rest of my family is now dropping like sick flies....) and she immediately grabbed for all things princess.


I stamped the Hero Arts castle onto patterned paper (my mind's eye), and colored in the turrets and the front door.  The windows were stamped on a separate sheet of white paper, fussy cut and added in.  While Sofia monitored my progress, I drew in some girly blinds and curtains :)

I cut into some pink patterned paper (studio calico) with PTI's "edgers #3" - what's more girly than a castle up in pink and white clouds?

Before I adhered the castle and all of the clouds, I sprayed the white mat with a healthy dose of pink shimmer spray.  I got a real smile out of my sick girl for that one...

Thanks for peeking!

7 comments:

  1. so sweet!! love your castle in the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink shimmer spray - love. I love your ideas for a "castle in the clouds". Hope you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet and girly. I would know nothing about that, as I have two total tomboys! Lucky for me, I can admire from afar. I used that same paper yesterday, too. I hope that means that some of your crafting genius is drifting southward my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Elena! I love it!
    I remember when Austin was little, we met a family that had moved from a nearby town (Winkler). Their little boy said: "Now I know two Austins: one in Morden and one in Winkler." For a long time afterwards, my Austin was very curious about this "other Austin" and would even ask if we could go and meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, this is such a sweet and magical card :) I love that the castle is in the clouds and how you cut the patterned paper with the edger dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! So super cute. :)
    Happy Belated birthday too Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute!!! I love homemade cards too (just that much more special!!)!!!

    ReplyDelete