Monday, February 20, 2012

Out of this world.

Hi friends!

After a bit of time away from the blog, (which included my 34th birthday last Friday... spent mostly on the floor of the bathroom or curled in a fetal position on my bed - blech), I thought I'd jump back in with a card Sofia will be needing next weekend.  When I called Gabriel's mom to rsvp for his party, his mom exclaimed: "oh, he will be sooo happy now that Sofia is coming!"  Cute, yes, but my radar's also up on this kid... especially since Sofia seems to be equally sweet on him...

When I made *this train card* for my nephew last week, it got rave reviews - he apparently played with it for quite awhile - so I figured Gabriel might like an interactive card of his own :)


3, 2, 1.... BLAST OFF!
 

I cut a channel into a sheet of white cardstock (using the same method outlined in the train card post) and proceeded to stamp stars from PTI's "boy basics: out of this world."  I then used a blender tool to rub black soot distress ink over the entire area.  Then, using an aqua brush, I painted the stars using fresh snow ink.  Once that dried, a bit of sparkle overtop :)


Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. oh, i forgot to say....glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Lucas loves the interactive train card and played with it all evening (moving the train back and forth, back and forth...). I'll have to show him this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card.
    Glad you are over (the flu?).
    Happy belated birthday!
    This would be a super cute card for Valentine's Day!:)
    love the card.
    bex:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! That junk has been in our household too!

    What a fun slider card and I am sure he love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is out of this world! Love it. The black/red color combination is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. I'm glad you are feeling better. That is a super card that anyone would be happy to get. Perhaps Gabriel's mom was only expressing the fact that if Sofia came to his party, Gabriel would get an awesome card? One can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better! NOT fun being sick any day, but on your Birthday??
    This card is adorable, Elena. I am sure it will be a BIG hit with Gabriel...making him like Sofia even more :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *SO* cool... this will be the favourite card for SURE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous!!! The rocket ship is so cool, I love the bright red fire coming out the bottom. I hope you are feeling better now and can celebrate your birthday!

    ReplyDelete