Wednesday, January 22, 2014

memory game valentine {SSS wednesday challenge}

Have you had to turn over a lot of mis-matches before finding your valentine?


It's time for another Simon Says Stamp wednesday challenge, and this one is all about making your card recipient smile.

memory game valentine {SSS wednesday challenge}


The memory-game-inspired card came together in a flash: punch seven 1-inch squares out of patterned paper, and two more out of white cardstock.  Then, stamp the same image on the two white squares and try to color them identically (I used the dusty bunny image from Paper Smooches "squeaky clean" stamp set.)

memory game valentine {SSS wednesday challenge}

For fun, adhere some of the squares flat onto the card base and pop a few up with dimensional squares.

Lawn fawn's milo's abcs is perfect for creating a custom sentiment.  Anything to do with finding your special someone could work:

i found you

two of a kind

i won

Can you think of anything else?  I hope you like my card, and decide to play along!  As usual, Simon Says Stamp is giving away a 50$ voucher to their store.



♥.










24 comments:

  1. So flippin' (ha ha!) clever! I LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest and so clever, Elena! I double heart it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your play on the game Memory. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card really did make me laugh :-) The little bunnies are adorable and the whole concept of this is brilliant !! LOVE LOVE LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, Elena! I don't know how many games of "match" I played with my grandkids over Christmas! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!....how do you think up these amazing ideas. I play this game with my 6 year old and just loved seeing this on a card. I have pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute!! What a wonderful idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so cute! I love that it is inspired by the memory-game! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card! ...It made me smile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable design, Elena! I love it!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! It definitely made me smile :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO ADORABLE!! And such a clever idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feeling all nostalgic! Clever and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute little dust bunny! Funny on so many different levels. Totally need to get this stamp set...and will have to CASE this card. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card Elena!! Such a fun design!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its adorable and such a clever card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh, I've been catching up on your blog ooohing and ahhing, and then I got to this card and had to comment. SO CREATIVE!!! LOVE this idea! Have never seen anyone do this before, and it's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete