Wednesday, January 29, 2014

creative packaging {SSS wednesday challenge}

I can't believe it's already the last Wednesday in January.  Apart from the regular "where does the time go," it means that this is the last time I guest design with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  It has been a thrill!


What better way to sign off, than to feature Mama Elephant stamps on an "anything goes" project!  (ps, I was told, after I submitted my project, that twine is an optional bonus for this challenge.)

creative packaging {SSS wednesday challenge}


As soon as Marlyn (of Montreal Confections) showed me this panda cookie, it was a no-brainer.  I would ink up ME's pandamonium stamp set, and have a match made in crafty heaven.

creative packaging {SSS wednesday challenge}

The packaging was so fun to create.  I started out with a clear box (meant to package card sets!) and cut a piece of blue cardstock to fit inside.   You can see, in the side-view photo, how the blue paper was scored to curl around the inside of the box.  I used ME's landscape trio dies to adhere the clouds and the grassy panels to the front of the box, on the outside. Inside the box, The panda is nestled into paper scraps.  They do the job of filling the empty space and keeping him secure inside the packaging.

creative packaging {SSS wednesday challenge}

I love how the stamped panda is looking adoringly at the flower-holding-cookie panda...

My friend Marlyn created a video tutorial on how to create this panda cookie. Even if you aren't a cookie decorator, click on the link - it's amazing to see her at work!

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a 50$ voucher for this week's challenge.  I hope you join in!



♥.




12 comments:

  1. A. You are amazing.
    B. I want this in my mailbox.
    C. You are WICKED CRAZY AMAZING!!!!
    D. Did I mention you are amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY LOVE this Elena :-) you used THE perfect stamp set for this cookie ,, which looks too nice to eat !! LOVE LOVE LOVE ,,,,,YUM !! :-)

    thanks so much for being such a brilliant designer in the spotlight. It has been a pleasure to have you with us and my sincere apologies for not giving you the 'twine' option :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Elena - I love, love, love this - I could never eat this cookie - it's too beautiful!!!
    Your packaging is stunning and perfect with the sweet image!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cuteness! I LOVE it! It's almost too cute to eat, but I'm pretty sure I could make myself do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cookie & gift packaging, Elena! Almost too cute to eat!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena, this is the cutest packaging ever! You are a genius. And I need those borders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! So so so cute! Love the panda cookie! The box you created for it is adorable! Love the panda looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Elena! Your cookie packaging is too cute!! Love it! And that cookie is so adorable! I watched the video of her making it. It is mesmerizing! I could watch it all day long!! :)

    We were so happy to have you with us all month!!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Wonderful Ideas. Love them. Keep up the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous packaging and cookie too Elena, love it.
    Thanks so much for being a fabulous guest designer for us at Simon Says Stamp :)
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete