Monday, January 6, 2014

Season's Givings winner + a new lawnscaping challenge!

I just want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all of your sweet comments, and to the new blog followers.  I have loved reading all 244 comments (gah!) but there can only be one winner (as chosen by random.org):



Ngan, congrats! Please email your address to: mom2sofia(at)gmail(dot)com to claim your prize.

Now. There's a new lawnscaping challenge out today, the first of the year. I'm trying to replenish my kid birthday card stash so I'm not scrambling at the last minute:

have a SUPER birthday.

I found the acetate-starry paper at our local scrapbook store and new it would look awesome over some leftover Christmas stripes.

I spelled out "super" using quinn's capitals, and borrowed the fireworks from happy 4th.  The costumed owl isn't just for halloween.  Even though I masked the big letters to stamp the fireworks in behind, I fussy-cut the owl and popped him on top.  All masked and no texture equals no fun <--- my new motto.

have a SUPER birthday.

I hope you decide to join us for this challenge! Anything birthday-related is fair game: cards, tags, cupcake toppers - go nuts.


The sponsor and prize-giver this time will be Simon Says Stamp:


Until next time,

♥.








8 comments:

  1. love love love love love love your card!!!!! the stars look AMAZING over the christmas stripes!!! and everything is PERFECTLY placed!! the firework, the sentiment, the owl - i'm drooling at your amazing level of creativity! LOVE this card!! so so so much!! you are a super hero in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely love that owl!! So CUTE! Love it Elena :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE that acetate paper! Such a cute Super-Owl too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun card, Elena! The acetate paper with the stars are perfect with your background papers and beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet! I love how you used the owl for a birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so awesome. Every element is perfect and I really love your colouring and colour choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, congratulations to Ngan, thank you to Elena for your lovely giveaway! Sweet super owl card (I need a red cape too).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! The coloring is stunning, and I love everything about this card!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete