Monday, January 20, 2014

you're my double rainbow.

Monday morning, and time for another lawnscaping challenge!  This one's fun: pick a lawnscaping design team member and create something inspired by that gal.


It was tough to narrow things down - these girls inspire me all the time!  I chose my good friend Audrey, with this rainbow-colored party set (click!)

Her set had me reaching for the new lawn fawn set, starry backdrops.  It goes on sale later on in February, but I couldn't resist playing around with it n-o-w.  It has the same sentiment that Audrey featured on her project ("you color my world") but when I started created, my project organically went a different way.

double rainbow.

I stamped two mini rainbows, paired it with lawn fawn's new rainbow-striped paper, and used Milo's abcs to spell out the top half of my custom sentiment.  I used a white gel pen to chicken scratch the rest.

double rainbow.

I felt like the card needed some purple.  Rainbows with no purple? sad stuff.  A quick wash of color onto a wood veneer heart righted everything.

I hope you like it, and I can't wait to see who inspires you!

Play along and you could win a prize by lawn fawn! With all of the new sets and papers going on sale in about a month, this prize is extra special.


♥.

14 comments:

  1. Super sweet, colourful and cheerful!! Love the idea and the execution is of course flawless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! I love it so much! I can't wait for this set to be released!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Love that inking and the little heart wood veneer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card...love the wood veneer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Elena! Those rainbows with the heart wood veneer are so adorable. Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so sweet! Loving all of the color combinations you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously, you can do NO wrong!! i'm literally floored by your creations everyday!! wow!! i LOVE your double rainbow sentiment!! and the colors!! and the distressing!! and the ruffles!! swoon! this makes me happy to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and perfect card again. Elena! I hope I'll be able to play, you inspire me!
    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love this card! The rainbows are so cute, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love love it! The idea is super sweet and the ruffles go perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the rainbows and handwritten sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the rainbow paper with the rainbow theme and the double scallop as a ruffle. Great inking and special sentiment. Wonderful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete