Monday, May 14, 2012

simple circle background.

Hi peeps!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend :)  Mine was spent enjoying a bbq for my mom on Saturday, and then waking up to a yummy crepe breakfast on Sunday morning, along with the cutest handmade cards from the kids.  It was great.  But I also can't stop coughing....blech.

I recently got my first-ever stamps from Denami (you might see more red rubber on the blog this week!), and I was excited to create something with the little speech bubble stamp.  I stamped a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "on the mend" inside (selectivitely inking it so that it fit on 2 lines instead of 1.)

And see the background of my card?  I took this double circle stamp:


and stamped it repeatedly to make this geometric background:

Do you love it?  

I adore how it turned out.  

Thanks for peeking!

12 comments:

  1. This looks really amazing, I just love the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I am also giggling to myself about the popcorn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you love it... and btw, it was delicious - I'm never going back to microwave popcorn again....

      Delete
  3. Even though it is simple, its stunning! I love the way you cut the half circle out of the side and tied the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. And, your execution is flawless. Absolutely perfect stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the simplest cards are just amazing. Like this one! I do love the circle background, and how you repeated the circular deal-i-o with the nifty cutout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do. I do. Very cool and graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been drooling over your work at the paper crafts gallery. I didn't know how to find mom2sofia, and then I saw a link to your blog. I FOUND YOU! I have seen your picture other places, but did't make the connection! Your work is fantastic. New Follower!

    ReplyDelete