This is my 4th week as the CASE study muse, and I'm still enjoying every minute. Have I mentioned that most of my favorite stampers are packed into the CASE study design team?
But enough with the chatter, and onto the card. Here is the inspiration photo:
I created a few dozen ballerina tags for a little girl's 1st birthday party. A lot of sponging and ballerina action. And here is my new take on the photo:
I wanted to keep the difficulty factor to a minimum... and it is... here are my steps:
1. cut a double-layer of post-it note into a leg-ish shape. separate them and lay them down on the cardstock piece.
2. sponge with a grey ink (I've been getting a lot of questions about what inks I use for sponging. there's no magic in it and I don't stick to only distress inks. here, I've used Stampin Up's "smoky shadow.")
3. take the negatives (from the post-it templates) and also cut off the leg a bit. it's okay, we're making shoes. sponge pink ink into the empty space.
4. put your mat on a piece of foam and pierce holes. use embroidery thread to lace 'em up.
5. white-heat-emboss the sentiment (from Hero Arts' "magical castle") and assemble everything else.
There you go. 5 (easy) steps.
ps, it totally pays to have little girls in the house... a princess tutu was the perfect photo prop.
Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying having you as muse this month - all your projects are stunning. Your new card is especially beautiful, with the pink on grey and the cute laces!ReplyDelete
Perfect masking! Perfectly cute and totally adorable!ReplyDelete
This is so cute! I love the laced up shoes!!!ReplyDelete
Absolutely precious card! Love the soft colors!ReplyDelete
Oh, this is so, so sweet!ReplyDelete
I love the details, while still keeping it clean and simple. Beautiful.ReplyDelete
Elena, this card is so clever, and perfect! I love it! Never in a million years would I have thought up this idea!ReplyDelete
I have three ballerinas in my house...so the muse project and your current one makes my heart SING Elena! Fantastic inspiration~ReplyDelete
This is so cute and clever! ♥ReplyDelete
Sweet card, thanks for your inspiration.ReplyDelete
Super cute card! Perfect for any little & bigger ballerina :) !!! Hugs ~S~ReplyDelete