Tuesday, May 20, 2014

party banners 'n new alphas {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Lawn fawn is coming out with a set of party banners, and bigger alphas and number dies too! woot!  Welcome back to another day of lawn fawn's summer release week. Check it out:

party banners 'n alphas {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I cut the new party banners out of lightweight fabric (you know, the kind you would use to line something heavier and costs next to nothing.)  I love that it cut cleanly, and you could even see the stitching lines - so cool!

party banners 'n alphas {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I then use the freezer paper technique to stencil the new louie's abcs letters onto the banner pannels.  If you'd like to see how it's done, I happen to have a tutorial.  Click!

party banners 'n alphas {lawn fawn inspiration week}

No, lawn fawn isn't coming out with new flower dies. I used the circle die that is included in the party banners die set to create this fun accent on either side.  To recreate this flower, you need 5 circle cuts.  One of them will be your base, and the other 4 are folded, folded again, and adhered with fabric glue.  I added some tiny pom-poms to the center for fun, and hand-cut some leaves out of lawn fawn let's polka paper.

party banners 'n alphas {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I also used the letters on a card, and double-stamped the bunny onto both the white panel and the "a."  I think it looks sweet.  Oh, and a little trick: die-cut your letters out of white cardstock and then color them with the chisel end of copic markers.  It's a great way to fake more colors! I learned that from my friend Laurie.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the lawn fawn blog today.

♥.

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the simplicity of the banner and your flower is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple banner is beautiful....something that I might be able to do lol
    The Baby card is amazing... I love how you placed the "a" on the card... awesome... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner, and your card is simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The banner is simply beautiful! Love the bunny as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the baby card and using the baby as a letter. Just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete