Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Swans and fruit (Pinkfresh Studio)

Hi there!
I'm here and on the Pinkfresh blog today, with a couple of cards to brighten your day.
My first card features the Floral Frame With A Swan die set:

fruits and a swan (pinkfresh studio)
I just think it's so pretty and elegant, and a great set to use when you want a quick, but wow! card. I cut all of the elements out of white card-stock, and then used copic markers to add color to the flowers. I used R20 in the center of each flower and then pulled and softened the color out with R000. I used a white gel pen to create little flower stamen.

fruits and a swan (pinkfresh studio)
I also used Copic markers (B00, B000 and B0000) to create a pool of water for the swan to swim in, and colored the sky a soft, buttery yellow. All of the swan pieces were colored with markers as well.
I finished off by matting the swan dies onto a piece of patterned paper from the Escape the Ordinary paper pack.
My second card features the Fruitastic stamp set and matching dies:

fruits and a swan (pinkfresh studio)
I started out by die-cutting fruit shapes onto sheets of post-it paper to create masks. I then laid the fruit onto a white piece of cardstock and rubbed Broken China distress oxide ink over the entire area. Before removing the masks, I spritzed water onto the background.
Then, I stamped the coordinating fruit into the white spaces. I used 2 colors of ink per fruit to create a shaded look. The next step was to stamp in the coordinating stems and leaves.

fruits and a swan (pinkfresh studio)
I really wanted this card to be whimsical, so I took a black pen and outlined each fruit. As a finishing touch, I added white gel pen accents to the fruit and the background.
The sentiment is so perfect! I stamped it in black on a simple white banner flag. It stands out over the busy background.
I hope you like what I've created for you today! Thanks for stopping by!
♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment