Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Starry night (Lawn Fawn inspiration and release week)

Hi there!

We're almost to the end of Lawn Fawn's inspiration and release week, which means in 2 more sleeps you'll be able to purchase everything you've been eyeing! Today, we're showing off the Starry Sky Stencil:

starry night (Lawn Fawn inspiration and release week)


My original plan was to use a white embossing paste with the stencil, but it went bad? It was all gloopy and unspreadable. I didn't even know that would happen... after like 8 years. haha. So, I used clear embossing paste instead and then went over the entire card-front with a dry-brush of white paint. I dragged my paintbrush in a circular motion around the top part of the card, trying not to get too many streak marks on the card itself. I was a bit heavy-handed in some spots, but I like how it turned out!

starry night (Lawn Fawn inspiration and release week)

I added my images, from Smooth Sailing, and the school of fish below from Mermaid For You. I placed the sentiment into a Fancy Wavy Banner, and placed clouds to note the separation between water and sky.

I hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Elena, this is so so sweet. I love when happy accidents work out and the sky the perfect backdrop of these cute little critters.

    ReplyDelete