Wednesday, June 8, 2016

mermaid graduates!

Hi there,

I'm here and on the Lawn Fawn blog this morning, to show off a quirky set of teacher thank you cards... mermaid graduates!

mermaid graduates!

I combined Mermaid For You, A Good Apple, and Smart Cookie to create these end of year cards.

mermaid graduates!

To create the chalkboards, I first stamped the graduation hat, from Smart Cookie, and masked it before stamping the top half of the mermaid. After that I stamped the apple, masked all of the elements and stamped the big chalkboard image. The edges of the chalkboard were then masked to be able to rub black ink onto the chalkboard.

mermaid graduates!

I heat embossed the sentiment after everything was done. With bated breath. Because it would have been just my luck to mess it all up at the end with a simple embossing. ha. Thank goodness it all worked out!

mermaid graduates!

For a final touch, I added glossy accents to the apples, but I don't think you can tell by the photos.

I hope the teachers will like them!

♥.

2 comments: