Wednesday, January 4, 2017

I think of you so often (Neat and Tangled release week)

Hi there!

We're on to day 3 of this month's Neat and Tangled release week. In case you missed the first few days:

Day 1: My Favorite Nut
Day 2: Loves Notes

Today, we're showing off Miriam new layering set, Calathea. She always comes up with designs that are so original! If you're hopping over from the Neat and Tangled blog, you may be confused to find my squirrels amid a slew of leafy beauties, but I promise I used the new set.

I think of you so often (Neat and Tangled release week)

I used the biggest solid leaf, it's matching outline image and the matching die to create the 4 bubbles (bubbles?) for my scene.

I love that the leaf is an irregular oval, so I just eyeballed the quadrant. If they were precise ovals, I would have definitely been more careful.

I stamped inside each opening with a medium grey ink, and then splattered blue and brown inks over that. I really like the black outline around each oval. It makes the card even more playful and matches the black outline of the rest of the images.

I think of you so often (Neat and Tangled release week)

The images are from My Favorite Nut, the sentiment from Calathea, and the little bird was stolen from Kitty's Favorite Things.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the NT blog this morning - click!

♥.

32 comments:

  1. Love how you used the large oval leaf die for holes for the squirrels to peek through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what a creative use of these two stamp sets. I would never in a million years think to use the oval leaf die to create a bunch of windows. Terrific idea. And those cute little squirrels! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cool!!! What a refreshing way to look at the stamp set and use it in a totally different way! Love this idea and your "windows" are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Elena and I love the "ovals" from Miriam's set used in this way. Very clever use of all of the sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEAL!! Such a SWEET Card!! I LOVE the Idea of the Windows!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see new and different ways to use supplies, so thank you for a different take on it. And I can't get enough of the squirrels, so I'm in love with your card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!! Love this cutie card! Really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the windows you created with the Calathea leaves and those adorable squirrels and bird! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card! I love how they are peaking out through the holes in the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bubble windows! Shows how versatile this set is. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card. Thanks for sharing :)
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too darn cute...love those sweet squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you used the leaf to make the lovely windows for your cute squirrels and bird!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I LOVE this adorable card! The squirrels are
    so cute and I just adore this sweet design. Bubbles
    sounds good to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great way to think out of the box. Great stamp set! Love those squirrels

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute way to use those squirrels :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the creative way you used this set for these cute squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute, soft and lovely card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It did take me a minute to see it. What a versatile set! Fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a genius for using the large leaf die to make the ovals for your squirrels, bird and envelope to sit in! It looks wonderful and your card is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is adorable!!!! I am so in love with these cute little squirrels 😊

    ReplyDelete
  22. AWK!!This card is so adorable and what a clever way to use the dies. Those squirrels just grab me every time

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute way to create a grid/frame for these critters!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card, love your take on using these dies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your so clever how you used the leaf dies and stamps to create these window's. Its so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea! Love this concept! Your card is so adorable & I admire your design instincts.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a cute idea. Love seeing a different look/use for the set. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete