Saturday, March 31, 2018

Simple and sweet cards

Hi there!

Sometimes I like to spend hours on one card, but sometimes I like things to move a little faster. I've made 2 cards, using products from the Ellen Hutson store, that I made in 30 minutes or less.

The first card is an Easter card, because Maia wanted one to gift her teacher with before Easter weekend:

sweet and simple cards


I colored the bunny from Party Pals, and stuck him onto a banner that I hand-cut. I adhered the Happy Easter line border in lieu of a stamped greeting.

sweet and simple cards

I cut into my white cardstock using the Outside In Easter Egg Stackables die, and lined the back with some Avery Elle patterned paper. I added a little sprig, from Magical Day to balance out the images and add a soft touch.

My next card is for a last-minute birthday card that I forgot to make until the morning-of. ack!

sweet and simple cards


I used the sweet dogs from Dog Lady, and gave them party hats from Puppy's Favorite Things. I also used the sentiments from that set to complete the card.

sweet and simple cards

I hope you like them both! If you have to make cards quickly, and at the last minute, here is what works for me: don't worry about the layout. ha! The longest part of designing a card, for me, is figuring out an interesting layout. Here, I colored images and didn't think too much about anything.

Happy Easter weekend!

♥.

1 comment: