Thursday, September 27, 2012

bright-monster-circus-party.... what?


That's exactly what I thought when a client first emailed me asking for invitations to a "vintage circus meets neon monster halloween party."  She had seen the party I threw for Thomas, and asked if I would create something for her.  (on a side note, I love a party mash-up!  My bestie threw her daughter a polka-dot-monster-barbie party one year, and it was hysterical...)

There were some negotiations over the monster colors... since neon scares me... and I came up with these invites:


She emailed me a picture of the beautiful black and white awning that would be a main focus of the party, so I replicated that in the striped background... I cut strips of black card-stock and adhered them to my white card-stock base.   I then stamped my monster scene, and paper-pieced the 2 not-so-scary monsters to add the pop of color that would marry the monsters with the vintage circus theme...  and all of the personal party info?  Hidden in the "très circus" ticket-strip at the top:


 Once unfolded and flipped over, the guest will be able to see all the what-where-whens of the party...


I have already started creating more goodies for this party, and I can't wait to share! 

For now, have a great day!  Thanks for popping by!

10 comments:

  1. Looking so adorable, can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!! you sure know how to ROCK a challenge!!!!! that invite is ADORABLE!! it totally makes me want to have a monster-circus mashup party!! who knew? wow!! blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Elena! I was so curious as to see how you were going to approach this. Can't wait to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This is so amazing! If a customer asked me for a "vintage circus meets neon monster halloween party" I would have fan the other way, LOL! You are truly a master of challenges. This is just superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your approach! The invitations are adorable and perfect for the theme! Can't wait to see all the other goodies to go along with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! You know I am on pins and needles to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little tickets idea! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all of it. ALL. OF. IT. And the ticket unfolding business? So clever.

    ReplyDelete