Friday, September 28, 2012

monkey party decorations

A little while ago, I posted the invitations to a monkey birthday party.  Alexia's mom wanted the party to be bright & fun, but cute - perfect for an adorable 1 year old!  Here are the rest of the decorations that I created for her:

Just seeing the picture of all the decorations makes me want to bake a cake and host a party!  I took pictures of everything closer up except the banner, so squint, and take a look at it in the picture above before scrolling down :)

Food labels.  Because, when you think chicken, you really do want a monkey's face RIGHT THERE.  hee.  I did some masking after I stamped the angled label, to be able to stamp the chevron pattern over-top.  The monkey was stamped off onto scrap paper a few times, and then onto the tent card.  I carried the bow theme throughout the party, to tie into the invitation.

 Water bottle labels: they are quite possibly the cutest ones ever.  I made 20 of these, and 4 of each circle design.  The banana is showing off an "A" for Alexia...

 Thank you tags: they are a mash-up of 4 different stamp companies...  The monkey image is from SU, the monkey's bow and the banana (masked in the background) are from lawn fawn, the wavy banner and all dies are PTI, and the "thank you" sentiment is from CSS.

Keep calm and go banana: because sometimes, you just have to...

 The last thing I created were these toothpick "flags."  I thought the larger bows would be so cute, sitting in some sandwiches or cupcakes.

I hope you liked what you saw!  Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You did such an amazing job. I'm sure the guests' are going to be talking about this party for weeks, months! I'm drooling over the cupcake toppers. I absolutely love to make toppers :-p

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, definitely liked what I saw! Great way to combine so many stamp companies into such cute party decor! That monkey and banana are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! That monkey/banana theme is just sooo adorable! I love how seamlessly you can mix stamps! And the thought just struck me how useful you'd find the Cameo with all your banner-making and party-decorating! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Elena, you did not disappoint on this one! Do you ever? I am in love with those bows! I don't know why they are not in my home yet, but, now I just have to have them. You did an amazing job creating those adorable food labels, water bottle labels, thank you tags and toothpick bows. Amazing, I tell ya! You are so creative girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Elena - how do you do it??? These are amazing - but how do you find the time???? These would take weeks for me to make (-:
    Have a wonderful day, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never sleep. I could not get all this done and have any sanity left. SO cute... so you with the softness. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, I am exhausted just looking at the awesomeness here, can't imagine making it all! Really special

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post and its gives tremendous information...................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my these are great monkey parties are so popular

    ReplyDelete