Wednesday, July 9, 2014

birthday dude {avery elle guest designer}

Hi there!

I'm thrilled to be guesting with Avery Elle all month!

Last week, I blogged Goldie and her balloon birthday, and today I'm showing off a card made with their new surf's up stamp set.

happy birthday, dude

You can't get more "summer fun" than this!  I stamped the wave image on either side of the vw camper, and colored it in different shades of blue. After the coloring, I added some highlights with a white gel pen.

I popped up the camper by fussy-cutting it out, everything save the wheels. It's so much easier to make a cut look good when there are no curved edges!

My favorite part? The glossy camper windows. They look like glass!  I added a layer of glossy accents to the windows after everything was colored and adhered and set the entire card aside to dry overnight before handling it again.

happy birthday, dude

I hope you like it! Check out the Avery Elle blog for all kinds of amazing inspiration, and their announcement that they are expanding their line to include patterned paper. How exciting!

♥.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Elena! The colors you used drew me right in. Perfect guy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the waves, and the length of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And I just got this set and now I want to play with it even more!!!

    ReplyDelete