Friday, July 4, 2014

Shark party...rah!

I have a TREAT for you today.  I helped out with not one, but 2 shark parties in the last little while, and I'm sharing the more recent one with you today.

It's always fun to work with Marlyn (of Montreal Confections) and we put together a shark party table for her 10 year old son, Ryan.

shark party... rah!

I love the watery darker blue tablecloth that Marlyn picked up, and the grass mat that she hung for the backdrop.  I talked with her about layering, and she picked up my tips like a pro.  The pop of the white runner is key to keeping the table looking clean, and the netting and ruffled banners add extra interest to the backdrop.

shark party... rah!


The cake is stunning, and the most eye-catching thing on the table. It's my favorite Marlyn-made cake so far.

shark party... rah!


I mean, CRAZY.  She made the shark panels ahead of time, and will teach us how to on her You Tube channel someday soon. I'll come back and add the link once it's up.

shark party... rah!

Cookie cake toppers are my new fave. We did the same on Thomas' BBQ cake a few months ago and I love how it looks here too, with the buoy "0."

shark party... rah!


Gummies to match the table...

shark party... rah!


Some questionably dangerous water...

shark party... rah!

The cupcakes are so fun, with hand-stamped wrappers and two-tone ruffled icing.  I think I see a shark lurking in there...

shark party... rah!

Did you notice how the cupcake display worked to frame the cake? I love how that turned out, and so different from the last time Marlyn and I used these cupcake cubbies (remember Jessika's woodland party?)

shark party... rah!


The surfers who mysteriously disappeared left behind but their personalized boards...

shark party... rah!

We stuck the cookie-surfboards into a styrofoam block that I covered with paper to match the party. The brown sugar sand covered the top of the block.

shark party... rah!

The cookie favors are so cute!  I created a wavy border to hide the base cookie, and added a bag topper with just the tiniest pop of red to match the rest of the party. The sign was found online - I printed it out and tucked it in behind the waves.

shark party... rah!

An out-of-the-bag look at these amazing shark cookies. Marlyn swears they are the easiest thing to make! She'll have the tutorial up for these today - I think they are fantastic!

I hope you've enjoyed this peek into Ryan's shark party! The beach is now closed.

shark party... rah!

♥.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for everything Elena, it is always amazing to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the thought, creativity and details that went into putting together the Shark Party. I wish I had someone to plan it for! Fantastic job ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think of every little detail! I totally love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena! You and Marlyn are as sharp as shark teeth! And you coordinate these parties so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding work love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you please direct me to Marlyn's site? I'd love to learn how to make those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your baker and your mad party planning skills. LOVE all your parties.

    ReplyDelete