Wednesday, July 2, 2014

be protected {mama elephant designer series}

Hi there, I'm back with my second post of the day! I'd love if you scrolled down to see my Avery Elle guest post.

I'm showing off a card I made with Mama Elephant's in my heart and the new starburst creative cut.

may you be protected

I always thought the little boy looked like he was praying, and I love the sentiment from the same set.  I die-cut the starburst cover plate and nestled the sentiment into the space between the stars.

I connected the sentiment to the boy below by way of a hanging star (from the set Splendid.)

may you be protected

To make the sky look a little hazy, (after sponging and rubbing on the distress inks for the sky color,) I took an eraser and started to lightly remove some of the color. I love the effect that it gave!

I mounted the coverplate on foam squares to the card base, so that the yellow paper I adhered to the base would show through the starry peepholes. For a last touch, I added some of the cut-out stars - starry confetti is my new fave.

Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

7 comments:

  1. So so sweet! I love this little praying boy, love how you used the eraser too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena this is just adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet!! I love the die cut background and your layering. Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweetest card, I just love how you have made this set shine!

    ReplyDelete