Tuesday, May 14, 2019

all a-boat you (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Hi there!

Welcome to Lawn Fawn's summer release and inspiration week! We've been showing off the new collection every day, leading up to the May 16th release - only a few days left!

Today we're showing off Smooth Sailing, and new wavy border dies:

all a-boat you (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)


Aren't they adorable? haha. The little critters hanging from the boats are so cute I had to include more boats and more critters.

I mixed the new Stitched Simple Wavy Borders with the older Wavy Borders that I already had. I like the mix of the 2 together! They look like moving, rolling waves!

all a-boat you (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)


I stamped the boats onto woodgrain patterned paper and paper-pieced just the main part of the boat. I colored the little portholes with a white gel pen and added some shading with a copic marker. I also added some darker blue dots to the waves for added texture, and used a sponge and some blue ink to add darker edges to the darker waves.

I hope you like it!  There's more to see on the Lawn Fawn blog this morning - click!

♥.

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! The waves are fantastic and I love the use of woodgrain paper on the boats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scene you created! Those little critters are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete