Thursday, May 9, 2019

On the beach (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

Hi there!

Welcome to this month's Lawn Fawn inspiration and release week!The entire new summer collection will be shown off, and then you'll be able to shop the new products as of May 16th.

Today, we're kicking things off with a first look at On The Beach.


I love the beach so hard. What I don't love is how crowded the tourist areas can get. Like, you're towel to towel with strangers and they can count your leg rolls. Lovely. I recreated that sandy scene with the adorable critters from On The Beach.


I used Stitched Hillside Borders to create layers of sand, and give space to 3 sunbathers. To break up the sea of kraft-colored cardstock, I flecked some soft brown ink onto the sandy background, followed by some white ink. It adds a bit of interest to a very monotone background.

To finish things off, I gave the card a white frame, and heat-embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the LF blog this morning - click!

♥.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, loved your story about the beach and yes I can relate to that!
    That's why I only go to the beach at the end of the afternoon or in spring or fall.
    But your cute critters are having a great time at the beach.
    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beachy scene! And I agree - not a fan of overly crowded beaches

    ReplyDelete